Monday, November 20, 2006

The Trouble With California

There is a problem here in California that often goes un-addressed. I’ve never been one to sit back and let these things go by without voicing my opinion, and as I’ve often said, this blog is really just a sounding board for all the un-addressed problems we have here in California. Or more specifically, here in Southern California.

I’m not going to dance around the issue like I usually do, I’m going to get straight to the point. The biggest problem with living in Southern California is the weather. It’s down right cruel what we have to put up with. Those of you in other parts of the country have no idea what we’re forced to endure here.

Allow me to give you an example…

Today is November 20, 2006. It’s a Monday, so I have to go to work. I’m locked up inside a building all day. Not unlike many of you out there. The difference for me is that when I do get to go outside for lunch, it’s 75 degrees and sunny. It’s outrageous!! Who could be that mean? It is entirely too nice outside to be stuck inside a cubicle all day. What I wouldn’t give for a snowstorm, or at least an exceptionally frigid day. It would certainly make it a lot easier to work. Heck, I’d probably be happy just to be inside some sort of shelter. I wouldn’t spend all my time wishing I could be outside, having fun.

Can you imagine living in a world like this? Everyday is gorgeous outside and you’re forced to work. Where is the justice in that? I guess you get what you pay for though. I’m sure that when people sign those mortgages for 800K+, they put in a weather rider so that they don’t have to deal with bad weather while they pay back that ungodly mortgage.

I’m not going to say exactly how much work I did or did not get done today because I’m always expanding on that already extensive air of mystery. I will have an extra day off this week on Thursday, so I’ll try not to spend it all inside, which won’t be easy what with all the delicious food and football.

2 comments:

cadiz12 said...

must be boring when the weather is that good all the time, eh?

omar said...

75 and sunny? I don't even know how you put up with it.

I still contend that the trouble with SoCal is related to the earthquakes, though.