Sunday, November 12, 2006

The cloning

Well, I'm on day two of the great cloning. I wish I had happy news to report. I do not. That's not to say that I have nothing but bad news to report. I suppose on the plus side, while I have not yet successfully cloned my current hard drive to the new hard drive, my computer has not completely taken a dive. I haven't had any problems reverting back to the old drive when the new one didn't work.

I'm using Norton Ghost 10.0. If anyone has any familiarity with that program, feel free to speak up. Their support site is a little lacking as far as I'm concerned. Call me crazy, but if you have error codes that pop up when the clone fails, I would think your website would be able to define them. Not so much. I'm not in your customer service department, but if I were, I'd suggest you work on that. You know, for customer service.

This may be one of the shortest posts I've ever had... but I've been working on cloning my hard drive, cut me some slack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, what you're saying is, cloning like...a dog or something would be easier than what you are currently doing?

I'm on it!

Anonymous said...

awww....the one-a-day run is over already?

although, I'm a bit relieved to have a breather. you were on fire there, jon.