Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I promise this is the last one…

Ok, so the clone was a no go. I bit the bullet and started the long, painful process of reinstalling everything that I know and love. So far, it’s been ok. The longest process is updating the hell out of windows. I did that yesterday. Today I’ve grabbed as many of the programs as I could remember and installed them. Hasn’t actually been that bad. I’m actually close to being finished.

I suspect I’ll be spending the rest of the week tweaking everything. I’m kind of busy with that right now, so I’ll keep this short. I am posting from the old desktop though, so that’s good.

I would really like to know why windows doesn’t offer something to make this process not only doable, but quick and easy. Am I really asking for something that strange? Shouldn’t they want us to be able to upgrade our hard drives? Or motherboards for that matter? I don’t even want to talk about that one again…

Ok, you can now picture me installing various programs. Captivating, isn’t it?

1 comment:

omar said...

I recently saw a presentation about Vista, and they said it comes with some Ghost-like utility for making and deploying disk images.

However, they also said business customers would have it in November, and I haven't seen it yet.