Thursday, December 10, 2009

I can feel it in the air...

There's not a whole heck of a lot that I like about winter weather.  Actually, there's really only one thing that I like about winter weather and that is static electricity.  I've been spending the majority of my time doing this:

First, I roll around on the comforter, then I walk over to the nearest light switch and use the screws in the light switch plate as a good grounding point and enjoy the shock.  Roll and repeat.  I'm really not kidding.  I probably do this too much.  My personal best so far is about a 1 centimeter arc.  Usually it's only about 1/2 a centimeter.  I take what I can get though.  Most of the year I get nothing, so I probably over-indulge a little bit.  I might stop when I start to smell my flesh burning, but I make no promises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of going down the slides at McDonald's playplaces. They had all those metal screws sticking out that would zap the hell out of you throughout the entire ride. It really wasn't fun at all, and mostly just hurt. But at least it looked cool, right? Definitely thumbs-up worthy.

As a side note, I hadn't logged on to blogger for almost a week, assuming everyone had gone into lazy post dormancy like I had. You can imagine my surprise when I found a week's worth of SNJ masterpieces waiting for me. Are you going for NaBloPoYear? You should; I feel like a world record is at stake here.

Madelyn said...

I bet it will be more fun when your significant other is home and you can shock her.

Seriously though, why are you still posting everyday . . . do you have some sort of bet going . . . or do you just want to be tied with Cadiz on 4 months of posting everyday? I have a feeling you aren't going to answer me.

Damn you.