Monday, March 16, 2009

Terrible Idea

For me, life is a constant struggle not to make terrible decisions created by my own terrible ideas.  Here are some examples from today:

Terrible Idea:  Wear all pink today.

Terrible Decision:  Averted.  I ended up not wearing any pink today, but that decision really had nothing to do with my own common sense and almost everything to do with not having a single pink item of clothing in my wardrobe. 

Terrible Idea:  Remind all of the Cubs fans I work with that I'm a Dodgers fan and we totally destroyed them in the playoffs last year.

Terrible Decision:  Averted (Temporarily).  It's way too close to St. Patrick's Day to be tossing that kind of smack talk around.  I'm pretty dumb, but even I know better than to remind Cubbie fans just how cursed their team is.  I'll wait until September to do that.

Terrible Idea:  Try to post more often.

Terrible Decision:  The jury is out.

Terrible Idea:  Make shirts that say, "Punch me, in the face, I'm a jerk."

Terrible Decision:  See below.



As you can see, I went ahead and followed through with this one.  I see these more as a gift you would give to someone else rather than something you would buy for yourself.  Most likely, these will be given to illiterate people that you don't like.  I'm not really sure there's a market for this, but that obviously didn't stop me.  I added the commas for a little extra emphasis on the overall statement I want these shirts to make.  I'd like to encourage everyone to click on the shirt, buy several dozen (they're cheaper when you buy in bulk, and lets face it, you're probably going to want to hand these out to a lot of people.  Am I right?), tell all of your friends, and let's get to face-punching jerks ASAP. 

Not that any of you were wondering, but the Government has yet to purchase a single shirt regarding the bailout.  I'm pretty shocked by this.  I only mention it because I don't want anyone to get upset that they haven't yet received their official 2009 Bailout T-Shirt.  

7 comments:

The Observationist said...

Notso terrible ideas... maybe the shirt one was terrible but otherwise, they were fairly decent.

Anonymous said...

1) Terrible Idea: Try to post more often.

I beg to differ, this is a great idea. We could do with more Jon around here.

2) I have a few people I could send one of those shirts to.
Now I can't wait to punch them!

Anonymous said...

I shall wear pink tomorrow to test your hypothesis that it is a terrible idea.

Madelyn said...

tough guys wear pink, so long as the pink shirt actually says "tough guys wear pink" on it. If they wear pink without that written on their shirt they're just wussies.

Anonymous said...

i was skeptical about dating someone i met on the internet until he sent me a picture of himself: it was taken in a bowling alley, and he had pulled the front of his hot-pink t-shirt up through the neck like little kids do in the summer and was posing menacingly with a yellow Tweety Bird bowling ball.

it was so ridiculous that i liked him even more. and here we are four years later in a serious relationship.

Cousin said...

This shows you're not a true Chicagoan yet -- as a White Sox fan, I can assure you that it's NEVER a bad time to remind Cub fans of a playoff loss. Don't forget to throw in "at least the White Sox managed to win a home game." You're doing them a favor -- that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Congrats on signing Manny Ramirez!

omar said...

Madelyn raises a good point. If you're going to rock pink clothes, you've gotta call attention to it yourself, as to make sure that nobody thinks you're doing it because you're a sissy pink-wearer.