Sunday, March 13, 2005

First official post

Well, here I am. Blogging like everyone else. It seems to be quite popular these days, and I'm nothing if not a trend follower. Back in the 80's I briefly tried being a trend setter... you may recall the hand sock wearing fad '86? Then again you may not, I was harshly critisized for it. The main argument against the trend was some nonsense about how, "that's what mittens and gloves are for." Whatever... needless to say, I was devistated, and I've just been following trends since then.

You may have noticed the title of this here blog, then again, maybe not, I really don't know how observant you are. In the off chance that you did, and in the even further off chance that you are wondering what it means, well, it's an omage to one of my favorite shows of all time, The Dukes of Hazzard. The Shuck 'N Jive is the preferred method of getting out of trouble for the Duke boys. It involves making a lot of stuff up. And that is precisely what I intend to do with this here blog. The only rule you need to know for reading this blog is don't ever take it too seriously. Otherwise, enjoy my mad ramblings.

No comments: